Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Community Garage Sale Earnings

Three years ago we packed our bags and moved from New Jersey to Florida. Two months ago we moved to a new home I Florida.  In all that time we’ve accumulated stuff.  Stuff we didn’t use anymore. Stuff we didn’t appreciate anymore.  Stuff we thought was too good for Good Will.

Our development(s) don’t allow for individual yard sales.  We were unaware of the community garage sale the first year, were not around last year, but we were able to do it this year.  I was skeptical since it only ran from 8:00 am to noon.  Up in NJ, it was until 4:00.  Turns out I didn’t need to worry.  In the first hour, we got rid of so much, that I raised the prices.  I like to price low just to get rid of stuff.  And we did get rid of stuff.  A lot of stuff.  We cleared $200!  That’s better than what we’ve had done in New Jersey. I think our best in NJ was around $60.

And since I’m so frugal, my half of that money will probably last me three months or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment