Sunday, September 2, 2018

What's In Your Pantry?

If you are frugal like me, then you probably can’t pass up a good deal.  Use that coupon before it expires (especially on a sale item) and get those BOGOs (Buy One Get One Free) off those items you regularly consume.  But I never buy something I don’t regularly use just because it is on sale.

With that said, you may have an overabundance of items in your cabinet that you aren’t aware of.  With me, it was coffee.  I had bags and bags of it.  My mother had over a dozen jars of salad dressing and some were expired!

My suggestion today is to skip food shopping this week and eat what you already have at home.  You know how much you can save that way.  It was about $50 a month for us.

Take an inventory of what you have and see what you can create with what you have.  And please toss anything that is expired.  Throw away old food sitting in the refrigerator and make sure you don’t buy it again.  If you don’t eat it, don’t buy it.

I clean out or freezer, cabinets and refrigerator once a month by using and eating what we already have at home.  I can get really creative in the kitchen.  We have very little food waste.

Remember eat all that you have and save that extra money you are not spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment