Thursday, June 28, 2018

Meet the Frugalwoods - Book Review

I learned about this book from another blogger and it seemed to be something I would enjoy.  I started reading the Frugalwood’s blog and even more wanted to read the book.  Although the blog shows a lot of money saving tips, the book does not.  The book is more of her journey of privileged college graduate to her financial independence to living on a homestead in Vermont.  Although when the book was written, I think they have only lived there one year.  What will the next decade take them?

I thought it was well written, although not helpful.  I have always been cheap, I mean frugal, but unless one works at six-figure job and makes a killing in real estate, you won’t reach financial independence in a short period of time.

Don’t get me wrong, financial independence is possible and every one should strive for it.  But be realistic in your journey which may or may not be the same as the Frugalwoods.


Disclosure:  I may receive a referral fee if you purchase the book using the below.  Please review mu disclosure policy here.


No comments:

Post a Comment